Monday, February 23, 2009

Appointment Set!

Well, I am not giving up my search for the perfect birthing place; however, I am going a head and going to a Dr. for a preconception appointment. Its time to start this process and I will have plenty of time to find a birthing place. If not I'll have it at one of the Hospitals in Hattiesburg. So the appointment is set on March 10th @ 10 am with a Dr. Kot @ the 28th place. I am really excited but nervous all at the same time. I wanted Anthony to go with me for the first appointment but apparently she is a well liked dr cause she only had two days left open in March for appointments. She was recommended by a friend that had used her while she was pregnant.

Is it silly to be going to the Dr before you get pregnant? I mean we may not have any problems it may have just been that time? The reason I ask is because the receptionist acted like she didn't know what I was talking about when I said I need a preconception appointment. Maybe that's not how things are done. I don't know I've never done this before. At least not the proper way! With Anthony being gone so much it is really going to be hard to get pregnant. Which makes me a little sad. I really just want to be one of those couples that it comes so easy for them. You know the ones I'm talking about where it seems like they just touch and they get pregnant. I guess I'll just wait and see what the doc has to say!

1 comment:

  1. yes, of course a preconception appointment is common! The doc will probably want to do a full exam and get some of your family history and discuss the miscarriage situation and she/he may even want to get you started on Preconception vitamins! yes, there is such a thing - I took them as recommended by my doctor!
    Is a preconception appt required? No. But it is great to do if you can so you can get a lot of your questions answered and so that the doc will have a baseline for later comparison.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete