Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Birth Story!

Jordyn Elizabeth Webb was born July 25, 2010 @ 8:03 am! She weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was 18.5 in long! She is absolutely perfect in every way!

Saturday Night:

We went to the hospital about 8:30 pm. It took about an hour to get all the paper work done. When they hooked me up to the monitor it showed that I was having minor contractions but were frequent. The dr. on call came in to see how I was doing, because she saw the contractions on the monitor. On Tuesday, I was not dilated at all. The doctor on call checked me and I was at 1 cm. She went ahead and gave me the Cervidil. I was instructed that I could eat until 12 midnight. I was also given Ambion to sleep. I called Nannie to let her know I was okay and at the hospital at about 10 pm. Field and Keri came by to bring us a snack, Danny Dan's cheese fries! Shortly after scarfing them down, I got sick. I was then given Finagrin and it made me very jumpy and couldn't sleep. They came in about midnight or little after to take out the Cervidil because Jordyn was having trouble dealing with the contractions I was having. I finally got to sleep about 2 am. We were still expecting to be induced in the morning so we didn't call anyone to come on the to hospital.


I woke up about 5:30 am. by 6:00 am the doctor still had not been in to start the induction. I sent Anthony out to the nurse desk to see if they would know when she would be around to start the induction. The nurse told him she'd be in and talk to us about it. When the nurse came in, she explained that they were going to wait on my doctor to get there to see what she wanted to do. My doctor was coming on at 7 am and the doctor on call that night didn't want to start the induction because Jordyn's HB was dropping after the contractions. Dr. Kot, my obgyn, came in about 7:15am and told us that we were going to have to have a c-section. She knew how much I wanted to have a natural birth. She told us that we could labor for a while if I wanted to but that I would end up in a C/S. I told her that it was okay we would just do the c/s. I asked if there was enough time to call my family and have them come up to the hospital and she said yes. I got two phone calls in before the nurse came in to prep me for the section.

The section was not like I thought it was going to be. I was really tired from the night before and the spinal block did not completely take. I felt a lot of pressure from them pushing on me and it was really uncomfortable. After they got Jordyn out and showed her to me, they gave me something to knock me out. If they had asked, I would have told them to knock me out for the whole thing but anyways. The birth did not go the way that I had wanted but she is here and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment