Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Diapers - Cloth or Disposables

This has been weighing very heavily on my mind and heart lately. Actually the whole pregnancy! I was going to use cloth to begin with then decided, that with school that I would need to use disposables. Then after looking at prices of diapers, I decided we had to use cloth for money sake. Then I thought I would make them. HA! That is not as easy as it sounds. I have been sewing for a very short time now and only quilts so far. I didn't like the curves of the diaper tabs. But After I made two I decided it was not worth the time spent on making them. I could buy them on ebay new for nearly what I would pay to make them. Then I tried drying the one that I made. That took FOREVER in the dry and still wasn't dry. Then I went to Sam's. Did you know that you could go to Sam’s and get Huggies for $37 for 207 diapers? Well that totally threw a wrench in my price of diapers argument. Yeah we would save more by using cloth but for that price I really can't say that it's worth the effort. I don't know what I'm going to do. I wish someone had filled our trunk up with disposable diapers then I would have to worry about this but oh well. I really thought that I could handle the cleaning, washing, drying and everything else of the cloth diapers. Now I am not so sure. I'll let you know what I decide! I go to the dr tomorrow but I don't expect anything unusual. Next Monday we will have our 4D sonogram! Anthony will be home on Thursday! I am sorting through baby clothes that were donated today and cleaning house.

2 comments:

  1. Girl....just wait til that baby gets here, there will be no time for washing diapers....i promise! STOP STRESSING! haha!! Michael and I had NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO money when we had Abby....I'm talking-NONE! But somehow we were able to manage paying our bills, putting food on the table, AND buying diapers! haha!!! Another idea....have a "diaper shower." It's a shower where friends/family bring nothing but diapers! It's great!!! I swear we didn't have to buy diapers for Abby until she was almost a year old!!!!!!!!! Good luck girl, but like I said...stop stressing! That little baby is going to be making the calls pretty soon :)

    ReplyDelete